Slow Cooked Bone-In Turkey Breast
This is the easiest way to make your holiday bird so you can spend your time with your family and less time in the kitchen.
I wish I had a photo for this recipe however I forgot. I promise you though, this is one of the tenderest turkeys your will ever eat. I love turkey and chicken, However I have never had turkey like this before. If you have a Bone-In Turkey Breast trust me this is the recipe for you!!
My Husband has just recently bought us a 7 qt. Crock-Pot Slow Cooker. I love it!! There is so much you can do with a slow cooker, but I would have never have thought to put a turkey in it. One night I had the worst craving for turkey and mashed potatoes, so Jason got up took the crock pot out and told me it would be ready by morning. Sure enough when I woke up in the morning the house was filled with the lovely aroma of a cooking bird. My mouth just started to water. Around 10 am I was eating the most tender turkey I have ever had. I told him I had to share this recipe with everyone. So he wrote down what he did. Really it’s so easy that we slept though most of the cooking time.
- 6-7 Qt. crock Pot
- 7# Bone-In Turkey Breast
- 6 cups of Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 stick of salted Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped Celery
- Combine all the ingredients into the crock-pot
- Set on low for 10 hours
- After the 10 hours pick out the large chunks of meat and separate the meat from the bone.
- Strain the liquid and save for the gravy.
- Add Rue to the strained liquid.(Rue = 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of butter.
- Heat to a boil. Then turn off.
- If making your own Rue saute in a pan untill golden brown. Then turn off.
That is it. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did. This may not be the healthiest way to make turkey, However its the easiest and it tastes so GOOD!!