Santa’s Elves Entrance
Santa’s Elves Entrance
This was such a fun project to work on with my little boy. He is still in the age where anything that lights up or is special is like magic. I was trying to find something for us to do that was different from making decorations for the tree or the walls. I had a big box left over from when we bought our carpet cleaner and decided to use it instead of sending out to the recycling bin. This project ended up looking so nice that we are using as a center piece in our house layout. When we host Christmas this year the food table will be set up near the elves door way and north pole sign. There are also some snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, and the entire house is lit up in blue LED’s. Anyway the kids will love creating this project and it will remain loads of fun for them while it’s on display. It will also make for a great conversation piece with all your friends and family. You can really decorate the house with whatever material you like and design it so that it fits your Christmas Theme. I worked with some materials that I had extras from other projects.
Supplies I Used:
- 1 big box
- 8 sheets of plain red tissue paper
- 2 sheets of red designed tissue paper
- 4 sheets of white tissue paper
- 1 half piece of white construction paper
- Christmas Lights
- Take your box and stand it so it’s the tall way.
- Then take a scissors and cut out your door, just make sure you don’t cut it all the way off.
- Then cut out the bottom of the box.
- Take your roof paper and glue that on to the top of the box.
- Then glue on the siding
- The next step is to glue on the paper for the door.
- With the card board that you cut off earlier cut a strip and fold it a few times to make a square for the chimney and glue that on top of the roof paper
- Take a smaller strip of card board for the door knob and brush a coat of glue on it
- glitter your door knob and then set aside to dry.
- Then with your half sheet of paper make your sign for the door. Ours read Santa’s Elves Only, However yours can say whatever you would like it to say.
- I decorated our sign with glitter also
- Then glue on your door handle after its done drying
- The last step is to finish adding whatever little touches you would like to add to the house. For instance, I added Christmas Tree Lights. If you would like the pattern and instructions for the lights please leave a message for me in the comments section of this post. Thank you
Thats It. Jesse loves this house and plays with it everyday. I really liked the way it turned out and I would be really excited to see how your Santa’s Elves Entrance turns out!!