Paper Glitter Hand Ornament
Paper Glitter Hand Ornament (Keepsake)
This is another one of those great Projects thats also acts as a wonderful keepsake to cherish your children in their childhood years. My little boy had a great time making his hand glitter. This can be a very messy project especially if your kids are the ones pouring the glitter on, so it might be a good idea to lay newspaper down or something to cover the area you are working in.
- 1 sheet of paper ( Your choice in color)
- Glitter (I used to colors)
- Foam Brush (or something to spread the glue with)
- Single whole punch
- The first step is to trace your child’s hand on the piece of paper. (or use a stencil from an earlier project)
- Then cut out the hand you just traced.
- The next step is to punch a whole in the top of the middle finger. (TRUST ME when I say do this now and not at the end.)
- Then take your glue and brush on an even coat over the entire hand making sure to cover the whole area.
- After you are done covering the hand with glue sprinkle an even layer of glitter making sure to cover the whole hand and all the glue area.
- Then you are going to want to set the hand aside to dry. ( I waited 5 hours).
- After the glitter side is dry flip over the hand and repeat steps 4 and 5 with the same color glitter of a different color.
- Set the hand aside again to dry.
- After the hand has complete dried take your string and stick it through the hole you made earlier on the top of the middle finger and tie it. Make sure you leave enough room with the string so that you can get it on your Christmas Tree.
Time wise this project may take a while but most of that time is spent in dry time.