Paper Christmas Light Garland
Paper Christmas Light Garland
I love Garland!! I don’t know why I just do. I was actually making these for ornaments originally, However last-minute turned it into garland. So really these cute little paper light bulbs would look great anywhere. Be careful when string them or hanging them as the ends are pretty flimsy.
Well let’s get started.
- 1 sheet of red construction paper
- 1 sheet of white construction paper
- Red glitter
- Silver glitter
- Gold glitter glue
- Hole punch
- Black puffy Paint
- Draw or take a template of a classic style Christmas light bulb and trace it 10 times on each color construction paper.
- Cut out your light bulbs
- take all your red colored light bulbs and brush your glue on just the light bulb section of the light bulb.
- After you glue about 3 or 4 take your red glitter and sprinkle it over the light bulb making sure to cover all the glue.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 or the rest of your red light bulbs.
- After you are done putting the glitter on the bulb take your gold glitter glue and cover the part of the light bulb that would screw in.
- Set aside all your red bulbs to dry for about 30 min.
- While your red bulbs are drying repeat steps 3-7 for the white construction paper light bulbs using the sliver glitter for the bulb part and continuing to use the gold glitter glue like you used for the red bulbs.
- After your 30 min or so are done for your red bulbs take your black puffy paint and draw 3 lines across the bottom part where the bulb would screw in.
- Then set aside again to dry for about 4-6 hours
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 for the silver bulbs.
- After your drying time has passed take your bulbs and repeat the whole process on the other side.
- When everything is done drying it’s time to string your bulbs and hang them up. Watch them sparkle.
Total time should take around 8-10 hours, However 90% of it is drying time.
For the people who are following me or are just finding this blog I have spent a total of $20.00 on supplies to make all the Christmas decorations and crafts for 2011. This will make the 13th project working off the same materials. The supplies consisted of:
- 200 sheets of construction paper (Large Pack $3.49)
- Big bottle of Elmers glue ($1.10)
- 1- 4 oz bottle of red glitter ($2.25)
- 1- 4 oz bottle of silver glitter ($2.25)
- 1 -4 oz bottle of gold glitter ($2.25)
- 1 -sm Tulip puffy paint black ($.97)
- 1 -sm Tulip puffy paint red ($.97)
- 1 -sm Tulip puffy paint white ($.97)
- 10 pack- of glitter glue ($1.00)
- 50 sheets of christmas colored tissue paper($2.99)
- 1 pack of Christmas colored fuzzy sticks ($1.00)
total $19.24 then add some tax.
Everything else was stuff I found lying around my house or was given to me for free. I just wanted to show for a small amount of money you can really make your house full of beautiful decorations and keepsake gift ideas.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please comment back and share your paper Christmas bulbs. I would love to see what you did with them.