Snowman Pop-up Christmas Card
Snowman Pop-up Christmas Card
The other week I was trying to decide whether to send out Christmas Cards. This was always something I had wanted to do but just never got around too. Well this year was no different. With finals just wrapping up this last week I felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I am so glad this semester is finally over. Now on to the week before Christmas and I only finished one card. Now that all my crafting material and crafting area is set up in an accessible area, I feel a lot more organized then I did before I started this blog site. My wonderful Husband arranged things so I would be able to have my area where I can still see whats going on with our little one if he is playing with his toys. With all this in mind I fully intend on getting those Christmas Cards out next year!!
Well on to the tutorial…I took a few pictures with this one because I think that a picture might better explain the process.
- 1/2 Sheet of Blue Construction Paper
- 1/2 Sheet of White Construction Paper
- Markers or Crayons
- I had taken a Piece of white printer paper and cut it in half the long way. The White Computer paper really was just not strong enough which is why in the supplies needed I suggested to use white construction paper. Oh and I had gone back and straitened my edge also. Write down the length of the White Paper.
- Cut between 1/8 to 1/2 inch on each short end of the white paper.
- The next step is to fold your white paper in half. You will also want to take a measurement of the width of the white paper at this time.
- Then take out your template of whatever shape you want to pop out of the card and trace it on to the white paper. I used a snowman and then free-handed the trees. You can freehand the thing if you want. I just so happen to have a bunch of these templates from other projects that I just recently made.
- Next bend your objects forward slightly and the access paper to the back.
- Open card slightly and tuck your object inside and make sure your access is still sticking up
- Then cut out off the access.
- On fold the entire thing so that it’s stretched out to its full length.
- Fold your card back up so that the object folds inside to the 2 solid white cover pieces.
- Next take your Blue colored Construction paper and cut this in half the long ways also. The width of the blue paper should be measured between 1/8 to 1/2 inch wider then the blue paper and 1/8 to 1/2 inch longer then the white paper.
- Fold your Blue piece of paper in half.
- Then stick in your white paper inside the blue paper to make sure your blue paper is sized up correctly with your white paper.
- Take your white paper out and place it on a scrap piece of paper or table.
- Color, Glitter, Decorate your object and write your message on the bottom or right hand solid section of the white paper. Set aside to dry if needed.
- Decorate and embellish the front of your blue paper.
- If your paper needed to dry or even if it didnt now you can take your white paper and glue it inside your blue paper.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on the pop-up snowman card. It was really fun to make. I just wish I would have had more time to get the rest of them done so I could have sent them out to the family. Please comment back and share your christmas pop-up cards.
I hope you and your family have a great holiday season!